Eau Claire Co. WIGenWeb what's new tools photos histories databases home
Histories > Eau Claire County Historical Accounts >

"Eau Claire County History, 1949"


History of the Plainview Area

The first mail came through by means of a stage coach.  It came through Albert Kryzyznick's farm.  Gene Goss now brings the mail.

The first schoolhouse was on the land which now is owned by Randall and was owned by A. J. Artis at the time.  Then they moved it where our school house stands now.  It burned down, so they built the one we have now about in the year of 1912 or 1913.

The oldest settler living now in this district is John Young.  He is a grandfather to some children going to our school.

Many years ago there was a railroad that ran through Frank Wanke's farm that led to Foster.



Please use this form to search this site:
  Help
Site Search by PicoSearch pico
disclaimer

The WIGenWeb Project logo was designed and provided by Debbie Barrett.



DISCLAIMER:  No claim is made to the copyrights of the individual submitters. The contents of this entire website may be used for personal use only by individuals researching their ancestry. Commercial use of this information for profit is strictly prohibited without prior permission of the owners. Other genealogical websites may link to this website; however, permission is not granted to duplicate any of the contents. Anyone contributing material for posting does so in recognition of its free, non-commercial distribution, as well as the responsibility to assure that no copyright is violated by the submission.  This website and its coordinator are not responsible for donations of copyrighted material where explicit written permission has not been granted for use.

copyright footer


Copyright © 1998 - 2012 wigenwebcc
All Rights Reserved
This website was first established on 28 Jan 1998