Histories > Eau Claire County Historical Accounts >
"Eau Claire County History, 1949"
History of the Oak Knoll School Area
The first building at the present site of the Oak Knoll School was a log structure built in 1881 by our early pioneers. Miss Jennie Tauty was the first teacher. She received a salary of twenty-six dollars per month.
brick school house was constructed in 1903. Mr. John Lane,
director, helped carry bricks for this building. The first
here was Clara Stanwick.
The first school board members were: Joseph Stein, clerk;
Our district, located in the north central part of Eau Claire County, is about three miles running north and south. Two and one half miles wide east and west. The school is located on a knoll facing the north.
Many teachers and pupils have come and gone since 1881, several to higher institutions of learning.
has been as high as fifty-eight, while in 1947-48 it is only nine.
to search this site:
The WIGenWeb Project logo was designed and provided by Debbie Barrett.
DISCLAIMER: No claim is made to the copyrights of the individual submitters. The contents of this entire website may be used for personal use only by individuals researching their ancestry. Commercial use of this information for profit is strictly prohibited without prior permission of the owners. Other genealogical websites may link to this website; however, permission is not granted to duplicate any of the contents. Anyone contributing material for posting does so in recognition of its free, non-commercial distribution, as well as the responsibility to assure that no copyright is violated by the submission. This website and its coordinator are not responsible for donations of copyrighted material where explicit written permission has not been granted for use.
Copyright © 1998 - 2012 wigenwebcc
All Rights Reserved
This website was first established on 28 Jan 1998