Eau Claire Co. WIGenWeb what's new tools photos histories databases home
Histories >  Eau Claire County Historical Accounts >

"History of Eau Claire County Wisconsin, 1914, Past and Present"


Chapter  7  - Townships

by Frank L. Clark


Union Township

(-As transcribed from page 42)


Union Township was first laid out as the town of Randall, but afterward changed to Union.  It has thirty-four square miles, a little less than the regular township, with a population in 1910 of 1,090.  It is bounded ont he north by Chippewa county, on the south by the town of Brunswick (the Chippewa river dividing the two towns), on the east by the city of Eau Claire and on the west by Dunn county..  Truax is a station on the Chicago, St. Paul, Minneapolis & Omaha railway four and one-half miles northwest of Eau Claire.  The Eau Claire county poor farm and asylum is located in this town, which contains many fine farms and farm buildings.

Please use this form to search this site:
  Help
Site Search by PicoSearch pico
disclaimer

The WIGenWeb Project logo was designed and provided by Debbie Barrett.



DISCLAIMER:  No claim is made to the copyrights of the individual submitters. The contents of this entire website may be used for personal use only by individuals researching their ancestry. Commercial use of this information for profit is strictly prohibited without prior permission of the owners. Other genealogical websites may link to this website; however, permission is not granted to duplicate any of the contents. Anyone contributing material for posting does so in recognition of its free, non-commercial distribution, as well as the responsibility to assure that no copyright is violated by the submission.  This website and its coordinator are not responsible for donations of copyrighted material where explicit written permission has not been granted for use.

copyright footer


Copyright © 1998 - 2012 wigenwebcc
All Rights Reserved
This website was first established on 28 Jan 1998