Eau Claire Co. WIGenWeb what's new tools photos histories databases home
Histories >  Eau Claire County Historical Accounts >

"History of Eau Claire County Wisconsin, 1914, Past and Present"


Chapter  7  - Townships

by Frank L. Clark


Pleasant Valley Township

(-As transcribed from page 40)


Pleasant Valley Township was set off in 1858 and first given the name of Machas, which was afterwards changed by the county board to its present name.  It is principally a farming country with good land and prosperous people.  It contains fifty-four square miles, and is oblong in shape, being six miles wide from east to west, and nine miles long from north to south.  The water supply is ample, Low's creek, Pine and Clear creeks intersecting the country in almost every direction.  Fine homes and farms are to be found here and happiness and prosperity abound.

Please use this form to search this site:
  Help
Site Search by PicoSearch pico
disclaimer

The WIGenWeb Project logo was designed and provided by Debbie Barrett.



DISCLAIMER:  No claim is made to the copyrights of the individual submitters. The contents of this entire website may be used for personal use only by individuals researching their ancestry. Commercial use of this information for profit is strictly prohibited without prior permission of the owners. Other genealogical websites may link to this website; however, permission is not granted to duplicate any of the contents. Anyone contributing material for posting does so in recognition of its free, non-commercial distribution, as well as the responsibility to assure that no copyright is violated by the submission.  This website and its coordinator are not responsible for donations of copyrighted material where explicit written permission has not been granted for use.

copyright footer


Copyright © 1998 - 2012 wigenwebcc
All Rights Reserved
This website was first established on 28 Jan 1998