Eau Claire Co. WIGenWeb what's new tools photos histories databases home
Histories >  Eau Claire County Historical Accounts >

"History of Eau Claire County Wisconsin, 1914, Past and Present"


Chapter  7  - Townships

by Frank L. Clark


Lincoln Township

(-As transcribed from page 39)


Lincoln Township is irregular in line on the north.  Its greatest length from north to south is nine miles, while the distance from east to west is eight miles.  It contains a fraction over sixty square miles and is settled chiefly by an agricultural community.  It is bounded on the north by the towns of Seymour and Ludington, on the south by the towns of Clear Creek and Otter Creek, on the east by Ludington and Bridge Creek, and on the west by the town of Washington.  The Eau Claire river runs through the towns from northeast to northwest, and it is also watered by the tributaries, Fall and Bear's Grass creeks.  According to the census of 1910 it had a population of 1,189.

Please use this form to search this site:
  Help
Site Search by PicoSearch pico
disclaimer

The WIGenWeb Project logo was designed and provided by Debbie Barrett.



DISCLAIMER:  No claim is made to the copyrights of the individual submitters. The contents of this entire website may be used for personal use only by individuals researching their ancestry. Commercial use of this information for profit is strictly prohibited without prior permission of the owners. Other genealogical websites may link to this website; however, permission is not granted to duplicate any of the contents. Anyone contributing material for posting does so in recognition of its free, non-commercial distribution, as well as the responsibility to assure that no copyright is violated by the submission.  This website and its coordinator are not responsible for donations of copyrighted material where explicit written permission has not been granted for use.

copyright footer


Copyright © 1998 - 2012 wigenwebcc
All Rights Reserved
This website was first established on 28 Jan 1998