Eau Claire Co. WIGenWeb what's new tools photos histories databases home
Histories >  Eau Claire County Historical Accounts >

"History of Eau Claire County Wisconsin, 1914, Past and Present"


Chapter  40 - Hotels of Eau Claire

The Commercial Hotel

(-as transcribed from page 544)

This building is situated at the corner of North Barstow and Wisconsin streets and is owned by Kopplin & Kuehl.

The building was erected in 1886 and opened as a hotel in the summer of that year under the name of the Frawley House. The house took this name from Thomas A. Frawley, one of the owners of the building and a prominent attorney. J. A. Pattee was the first landlord. There were frequent changes of landlords. H. Isaacson, Mat Caruthers and Peter Killeen ran the house at various times and in the order named. Then for several years the house was closed. Julius Kopplin and associates purchased the premises and again established a hotel under the name of the Commercial House. The house is well patronized and popular.

Please use this form to search this site:
  Help
Site Search by PicoSearch pico
disclaimer

The WIGenWeb Project logo was designed and provided by Debbie Barrett.



DISCLAIMER:  No claim is made to the copyrights of the individual submitters. The contents of this entire website may be used for personal use only by individuals researching their ancestry. Commercial use of this information for profit is strictly prohibited without prior permission of the owners. Other genealogical websites may link to this website; however, permission is not granted to duplicate any of the contents. Anyone contributing material for posting does so in recognition of its free, non-commercial distribution, as well as the responsibility to assure that no copyright is violated by the submission.  This website and its coordinator are not responsible for donations of copyrighted material where explicit written permission has not been granted for use.

copyright footer


Copyright © 1998 - 2012 wigenwebcc
All Rights Reserved
This website was first established on 28 Jan 1998