Eau Claire Co. WIGenWeb what's new tools photos histories databases home
Histories >  Eau Claire County Historical Accounts >

"History of Eau Claire County Wisconsin, 1914, Past and Present"


Chapter  38 - Eau Claire Churches

Norwegian Methodist Episcopal Church


(-as transcribed from page 535)
 

In 1885, a class of Norwegian Methodist Episcopalians was formed under the direction of Rev. O. Jacobson. The organization of this church was the result. The meetings and services were held in the hall of the Young Men's Christian Association. The Rev. E. Hanson was the first pastor. Under his administration a lot was purchased on Chestnut street and Fifth avenue and a church built in 1887. It was a frame structure, with a seating capacity of 300. There was also a class room which accommodated about eighty persons. After performing the duties of his office two years and establishing the organization on a solid basis, Mr. Hanson was succeeded by Rev. P. Hanann, who served two years. He was followed by Rev. O. Kristensen, who served nine months, when Rev. F. A. Scarvie was called in 1891.


Please use this form to search this site:
  Help
Site Search by PicoSearch pico
disclaimer

The WIGenWeb Project logo was designed and provided by Debbie Barrett.



DISCLAIMER:  No claim is made to the copyrights of the individual submitters. The contents of this entire website may be used for personal use only by individuals researching their ancestry. Commercial use of this information for profit is strictly prohibited without prior permission of the owners. Other genealogical websites may link to this website; however, permission is not granted to duplicate any of the contents. Anyone contributing material for posting does so in recognition of its free, non-commercial distribution, as well as the responsibility to assure that no copyright is violated by the submission.  This website and its coordinator are not responsible for donations of copyrighted material where explicit written permission has not been granted for use.

copyright footer


Copyright © 1998 - 2012 wigenwebcc
All Rights Reserved
This website was first established on 28 Jan 1998