Eau Claire Co. WIGenWeb what's new tools photos histories databases home
Histories >  Eau Claire County Historical Accounts >

"History of Eau Claire County Wisconsin, 1914, Past and Present"


Chapter  37 - The Newspapers of the County

The Fairchild Observer

(-as transcribed from page 507)
 

The Fairchild Observer was founded in 1900 by Julius Ewald, who conducted it about a year alone, and then took a partner in the name of E. A. Pratt, and the firm of Ewald & Pratt published the paper two years. The plant was then sold to J. H. Netteshern, who conducted it one year, when he sold out to E. A. Harmon, who, after a year, died, and its publication was continued by his widow for one year, and on May 17, 1907, the plant was purchased by R. B. Swarthout, who has since successfully continued its publication. It is an eight-page sheet, six column quarto, and had a circulation in 1913 of nine hundred and is not only a credit to the publisher, but Fairchild and vicinity, and Eau Claire county.

Please use this form to search this site:
  Help
Site Search by PicoSearch pico
disclaimer

The WIGenWeb Project logo was designed and provided by Debbie Barrett.



DISCLAIMER:  No claim is made to the copyrights of the individual submitters. The contents of this entire website may be used for personal use only by individuals researching their ancestry. Commercial use of this information for profit is strictly prohibited without prior permission of the owners. Other genealogical websites may link to this website; however, permission is not granted to duplicate any of the contents. Anyone contributing material for posting does so in recognition of its free, non-commercial distribution, as well as the responsibility to assure that no copyright is violated by the submission.  This website and its coordinator are not responsible for donations of copyrighted material where explicit written permission has not been granted for use.

copyright footer


Copyright © 1998 - 2012 wigenwebcc
All Rights Reserved
This website was first established on 28 Jan 1998