Eau Claire Co. WIGenWeb what's new tools photos histories databases home
Histories >  Eau Claire County Historical Accounts >

"History of Eau Claire County Wisconsin, 1914, Past and Present"


Chapter  
35 - The Railroads

The Chippewa Valley & Superior Railroad

(-as transcribed from page 496)


This company began the construction of its line from Wabasha, Minnesota, to Eau Claire in 1881.  The road was completed and opened for traffic in November, 1882, and was later transferred to the Chicago, Milwaukee & St. Paul Company.  It is now known as the Chippewa Valley Division of that company's system, and follows the Chippewa river course for fifty miles, having five or six stations on the way.  The extension to Chippewa Falls was opened for traffic December 31, 1883, and has since been in operation.

Please use this form to search this site:
  Help
Site Search by PicoSearch pico
disclaimer

The WIGenWeb Project logo was designed and provided by Debbie Barrett.



DISCLAIMER:  No claim is made to the copyrights of the individual submitters. The contents of this entire website may be used for personal use only by individuals researching their ancestry. Commercial use of this information for profit is strictly prohibited without prior permission of the owners. Other genealogical websites may link to this website; however, permission is not granted to duplicate any of the contents. Anyone contributing material for posting does so in recognition of its free, non-commercial distribution, as well as the responsibility to assure that no copyright is violated by the submission.  This website and its coordinator are not responsible for donations of copyrighted material where explicit written permission has not been granted for use.

copyright footer


Copyright © 1998 - 2012 wigenwebcc
All Rights Reserved
This website was first established on 28 Jan 1998