Eau Claire Co. WIGenWeb what's new tools photos histories databases home
Histories >  Eau Claire County Historical Accounts >

"History of Eau Claire County Wisconsin, 1914, Past and Present"


Chapter  
35 - The Railroads

Chippewa Falls & Western Railway

(-as transcribed from page 496)


In 1875 the Chippewa Falls & Western Railway Company constructed a road from Chippewa Falls to Eau Claire, which was the Wisconsin & Minnesota Railroad from Abbotsford to Chippewa Falls in 1880.

Wisconsin Central Railroad, which has been taken over by the Soo Railway Company and now forms a part of this great system, came into Eau Claire up to April, 1890, over the tracks of the Chicago, St. Paul, Minneapolis & Omaha Railway Company's tracks for a mile outside the city, but since that time this railway has used its own terminus, its depot being on Dewey and Eau Claire streets.

Please use this form to search this site:
  Help
Site Search by PicoSearch pico
disclaimer

The WIGenWeb Project logo was designed and provided by Debbie Barrett.



DISCLAIMER:  No claim is made to the copyrights of the individual submitters. The contents of this entire website may be used for personal use only by individuals researching their ancestry. Commercial use of this information for profit is strictly prohibited without prior permission of the owners. Other genealogical websites may link to this website; however, permission is not granted to duplicate any of the contents. Anyone contributing material for posting does so in recognition of its free, non-commercial distribution, as well as the responsibility to assure that no copyright is violated by the submission.  This website and its coordinator are not responsible for donations of copyrighted material where explicit written permission has not been granted for use.

copyright footer


Copyright © 1998 - 2012 wigenwebcc
All Rights Reserved
This website was first established on 28 Jan 1998