Eau Claire Co. WIGenWeb what's new tools photos histories databases home
Histories >  Eau Claire County Historical Accounts >

"History of Eau Claire County Wisconsin, 1914, Past and Present"


Chapter  17 - The Medical Fraternity 

Sacred Heart Hospital

(-as transcribed from page 308)

The Sacred Heart Hospital, of Eau Claire, was first started in 1889, by the Sisters of Saint Frances.  The first building contained seventeen rooms and was under the charge of three sisters.  Since this time the buildings have been three times enlarged, the last building being erected in 1912, is used as a convent for the sisters, while the entire upper floor is used as the operating room.  The Sacred Heart Hospital is the oldest in the city, and the large three-story brick buildings are located on a large plat of ground high on a hill, which affords an abundance of fresh air for its patients.  The hospital has now accommodation for one hundred and thirty patients, whose wants are looked after by thirty-four sisters.  This institution is open for all classes regardless of their religious belief, and all doctors of good repute are admitted to practice.  The mother hospital is located  at the city of Springfield, Ill.

Please use this form to search this site:
  Help
Site Search by PicoSearch pico
disclaimer

The WIGenWeb Project logo was designed and provided by Debbie Barrett.



DISCLAIMER:  No claim is made to the copyrights of the individual submitters. The contents of this entire website may be used for personal use only by individuals researching their ancestry. Commercial use of this information for profit is strictly prohibited without prior permission of the owners. Other genealogical websites may link to this website; however, permission is not granted to duplicate any of the contents. Anyone contributing material for posting does so in recognition of its free, non-commercial distribution, as well as the responsibility to assure that no copyright is violated by the submission.  This website and its coordinator are not responsible for donations of copyrighted material where explicit written permission has not been granted for use.

copyright footer


Copyright © 1998 - 2012 wigenwebcc
All Rights Reserved
This website was first established on 28 Jan 1998