Eau Claire Co. WIGenWeb what's new tools photos histories databases home
Histories > Eau Claire Co. Historical Accounts

"History of Northern Wisconsin, 1881"

Porterville

(-as transcribed from page 343)



This is a lumber manufacturing village about six miles below Eau Claire on the Chippewa River.

Among the early settlers near the village were Washington Churchill and Nelson Cooley, who came, the latter in 1855 and the former in 1856.

The mills, of which there are two, were built by Charles Warner, and subsequently bought by G. E. Porter. The establishment was once burned, but was rebuilt. It is now carried on by the Northwestern Lumber Company.


Please use this form to search this site:
  Help
Site Search by PicoSearch pico
disclaimer

The WIGenWeb Project logo was designed and provided by Debbie Barrett.



DISCLAIMER:  No claim is made to the copyrights of the individual submitters. The contents of this entire website may be used for personal use only by individuals researching their ancestry. Commercial use of this information for profit is strictly prohibited without prior permission of the owners. Other genealogical websites may link to this website; however, permission is not granted to duplicate any of the contents. Anyone contributing material for posting does so in recognition of its free, non-commercial distribution, as well as the responsibility to assure that no copyright is violated by the submission.  This website and its coordinator are not responsible for donations of copyrighted material where explicit written permission has not been granted for use.

copyright footer


Copyright © 1998 - 2012 wigenwebcc
All Rights Reserved
This website was first established on 28 Jan 1998